BBC News - Asia
BBC News - Asia
- Philippines drug campaign condemned by senior Catholics
20 Aug 2017 at 9:49am
It comes as questions are raised over the killing of a teenager by police during a week of violence.
- Hong Kong protest: Thousands march for jailed activists
20 Aug 2017 at 11:22am
Tens of thousands voice support for three pro-democracy activists who led the 2014 protests.
- Aryana Sayeed: Kabul concert goes ahead despite threats
20 Aug 2017 at 10:05am
Aryana Sayeed, known to fans as Afghanistan's Kim Kardashian, sang to hundreds of delighted fans.
- Indian court grants woman divorce over lack of home toilet
20 Aug 2017 at 11:25am
The court said forcing the woman to use open fields amounted to cruelty.
- Sir Colin Meads: All Blacks legend dies of cancer, aged 81
20 Aug 2017 at 2:31am
All Blacks great Sir Colin Meads, who was named as New Zealand's best rugby player of the 20th Century, dies of pancreatic cancer, aged 81.
- Lost WW2 warship USS Indianapolis found after 72 years
20 Aug 2017 at 6:27am
The warship's sinking, weeks before WW2's end, remains the worst US naval loss at sea in history.
- Australian boy killed in Barcelona attack
20 Aug 2017 at 11:11am
Julian Cadman, a seven-year-old dual British-Australian national, was one of 13 people killed, it is confirmed.
- India train crash in Uttar Pradesh leaves 23 dead
19 Aug 2017 at 4:06pm
Several carriages jumped the rails in Uttar Pradesh, leaving at least 23 dead and dozens injured.
- Liu Xiaobo's widow Liu Xia makes first appearance since funeral
19 Aug 2017 at 11:04am
Liu Xia, the widow of China's most prominent critic Liu Xiaobo, had not been seen since his funeral.
- Ruth Pfau: State funeral for Pakistan's 'Mother Teresa'
19 Aug 2017 at 7:30am
Ruth Pfau dedicated her life to treating tens of thousands of leprosy patients across Pakistan.
- Deadly South Asia floods affect 16m people
18 Aug 2017 at 8:35am
The Red Cross says the floods are becoming one of the worst regional humanitarian crises in years.
- US to review China intellectual property policies
18 Aug 2017 at 7:13pm
China has voiced "serious concern" over the investigation, which could result in US trade sanctions.
- Blue boots for baby flamingo Squish in Singapore
18 Aug 2017 at 5:26am
Keepers at Singapore's Jurong Bird Park have found an unusual way to protect a baby flamingo's feet.
- Afghan female singer's video draws threats and praise
17 Aug 2017 at 10:22am
Aryana Sayeed will perform at a concert for Afghan Independence Day, but not everyone is happy.
- Afghan pop star Aryana Sayeed defiant despite threats
20 Aug 2017 at 11:24am
Aryana Sayeed performed in Kabul in front of hundreds of people, but clerics were opposed.