BBC News - India
BBC News - India
- Indian Premier League: Chennai Super Kings charter train to Pune for fans
19 Apr 2018 at 9:18am
IPL side Chennai Super Kings charter a special train to take fans over 1,000km to Pune for their latest 'home' match
- India video reunites man with family after 40 years
19 Apr 2018 at 9:10am
A former Indian soldier who disappeared in 1978 finds his family after they spot him on YouTube.
- Banyan: Insecticide 'drip' to save 700-year-old Indian tree
19 Apr 2018 at 8:36am
Spread across three acres, the tree is reportedly the second largest of its kind in the world.
- What happens if you ban plastic?
18 Apr 2018 at 7:14pm
Maharashtra in India has imposed a wide-ranging ban on plastic. How does that affect producers?
- Minister ridiculed for saying ancient India invented internet
18 Apr 2018 at 2:51am
Biplap Deb cited the ancient Hindu epic Mahabharata but his statement has attracted ridicule.
- India journalist threatened over anti-rape cartoon
18 Apr 2018 at 5:00am
The cartoon has been shared by thousands but her use of Hindu gods has sparked anger in India.
- Malaria experts fear disease's resurgence
18 Apr 2018 at 4:02am
For the first time in 10 years, global malaria cases are no longer falling, and experts are worried.
- India parents 'paid to sabotage daughter's rape trial'
17 Apr 2018 at 7:06am
The 15-year-old and her parents first went to police after she was kidnapped and gang raped last year.
- Why India's Paytm isn't afraid of WhatsApp
18 Apr 2018 at 7:44pm
India's youngest billionaire, Vijay Shekhar Sharma, says Indian firms are ready to challenge the West.
- India's 'abducted grooms', forced to marry in Bihar state
10 Apr 2018 at 7:06pm
In Bihar state, thousands of men are kidnapped every year and forced to marry against their will.
- Cheteshwar Pujara: Yorkshire stint for India batsman ahead of Test series wit...
10 Apr 2018 at 7:01am
India batsman Cheteshwar Pujara is back playing for Yorkshire, where he will line up alongside England captain Joe Root ahead of the summer Test series.
- India's 'sugarcane leopards' prowl close to humans
9 Apr 2018 at 7:00pm
Deforestation has driven the leopards into sugarcane fields, where they often stray into nearby homes.
- India: Pottery artist with Down?s Syndrome moulds his dreams
7 Apr 2018 at 8:55pm
Doctors said Shaurya would not be able to live a normal life. He's now proving them wrong.
- The avid watchers of travelling cinemas
26 Sep 2017 at 10:14pm
Award winning photographer Amit Madheshiya's portraits of cinemagoers in India.
- Pure gold sari, Big Ben wow Kolkata crowds
27 Sep 2017 at 7:20pm
Replicas of London structures and a sari made out of pure gold are highlights of a Hindu festival.