BBC News - World
BBC News - World
- Barcelona attack: Spain terror cell had 120 gas canisters
20 Aug 2017 at 12:10pm
Jihadists planned for six months to fill three vans and carry out deadly attacks, police say.
- Philippines drug campaign condemned by senior Catholics
20 Aug 2017 at 9:49am
It comes as questions are raised over the killing of a teenager by police during a week of violence.
- Aryana Sayeed: Kabul concert goes ahead despite threats
20 Aug 2017 at 10:05am
Aryana Sayeed, known to fans as Afghanistan's Kim Kardashian, sang to hundreds of delighted fans.
- Lost WW2 warship USS Indianapolis found after 72 years
20 Aug 2017 at 6:27am
The warship's sinking, weeks before WW2's end, remains the worst US naval loss at sea in history.
- IS conflict: Iraq launches ground offensive in Tal Afar
20 Aug 2017 at 12:53pm
The northern city, one of the last held by IS, has been a target since the fall of Mosul in July.
- Indian court grants woman divorce over lack of home toilet
20 Aug 2017 at 11:25am
The court said forcing the woman to use open fields amounted to cruelty.
- Hong Kong protest: Thousands march for jailed activists
20 Aug 2017 at 11:22am
Tens of thousands voice support for three pro-democracy activists who led the 2014 protests.
- Grace Mugabe: South Africa grants immunity despite assault claim
20 Aug 2017 at 8:50am
Robert Mugabe's wife is back in Zimbabwe despite allegations of an assault at a Johannesburg hotel.
- Syria war: Rocket 'hits Damascus trade fair'
20 Aug 2017 at 10:23am
The event is being held for the first time in five years. with reports speaking of five deaths.
- Dogan Akhanli: Spain grants Erdogan critic conditional release
20 Aug 2017 at 8:28am
The German-Turkish writer must stay in Madrid while Turkey considers requesting his extradition.
- US comedian and activist Dick Gregory dies aged 84
20 Aug 2017 at 12:37am
The family of Dick Gregory, who satirised racism with his stand-up, announce his death aged 84.
- Sir Colin Meads: All Blacks legend dies of cancer, aged 81
20 Aug 2017 at 2:31am
All Blacks great Sir Colin Meads, who was named as New Zealand's best rugby player of the 20th Century, dies of pancreatic cancer, aged 81.
- Barcelona attack: Ripoll, the town where suspects lived
20 Aug 2017 at 11:34am
Quiet Ripoll is in shock after becoming the focus of the Barcelona van attack investigation.
- Forklift truck used to steal ATM in Arkansas
20 Aug 2017 at 5:58am
Police in Arkansas are hunting thieves who stole the cash machine from a bank's drive-through area.
- Solar eclipse: Welcome to 'Eclipseville', Kentucky
20 Aug 2017 at 7:43am
Thousands are flocking to the little town of Hopkinsville, Kentucky, in the US, to watch Monday's solar eclipse.