CNET news editors and reporters provide top technology news, with investigative reporting and in-depth coverage of tech issues and events.
- Phone use and speeding top unsafe driving habits, report says - Roadshow
19 Apr 2018 at 2:00pm
The team behind the EverDrive app compiled a report on America's unsafe driving habits and some of the results are surprising.
- VW will livestream I.D. R Pikes Peak race car's debut on Sunday - Roadshow
19 Apr 2018 at 1:53pm
Details are still light, so hopefully the unveil will offer up more information.
- Hubble delivers dazzling Lagoon Nebula for 28th anniversary - CNET
19 Apr 2018 at 1:37pm
NASA and the European Space Agency celebrate the Hubble Space Telescope with a look at the dreamlike Lagoon Nebula.
- Microsoft reports record low for police data requests - CNET
19 Apr 2018 at 2:06pm
In 2017, the number of customer-data requests from law enforcement and other government agencies worldwide was lower than it's been in five years.
- Apple unveils 'Daisy' iPhone recycling robot for Earth Day - CNET
19 Apr 2018 at 1:31pm
Daisy is part of a broader set of environmental programs from Apple, including a donation to a nonprofit for every used device traded in through the end of April.
- A Prime number for Amazon: 100 million plus (The 3:59, Ep. 389) - CNET
19 Apr 2018 at 1:10pm
Also on the podcast, we talk about Qualcomm?s struggles in China and a new tool that lets anyone create an Alexa skill.
- iPhone X vs Galaxy S9: How to choose - CNET
19 Apr 2018 at 12:14pm
We break down the most important features you should consider when comparing the S9 to the iPhone X.
- Lyft rides are now carbon neutral - Roadshow
19 Apr 2018 at 11:42am
You can thank carbon-offset projects for that.
- Apple cracks down on drone flights over its spaceship campus - CNET
19 Apr 2018 at 12:51pm
Those slick overhead videos of the Apple campus may be coming to an end as security gets quicker at locating the operators on the ground.
- Oculus launches Privacy Center ahead of new EU data laws - CNET
19 Apr 2018 at 12:02pm
While Facebook deals with a privacy firestorm, its VR unit Oculus is moving forward with new privacy tools.
- Chevrolet and Shell let you pay for gas from inside the car - Roadshow
19 Apr 2018 at 11:08am
The program will start in Detroit, Seattle and Houston before expanding.
- Verizon has a new way for parents to track their kids - CNET
19 Apr 2018 at 12:01pm
The carrier's new Smart Family app lets parents see where their kids are and limit their phone or tablet screen time.
- Have Apple's iPhone and iPad hit a wall? - CNET
19 Apr 2018 at 11:33am
Negative comments offered by chip supplier TSMC suggest a slowdown in demand for Apple's key mobile products.
- Nest to offer 1M free or low-cost thermostats for Earth Day - CNET
19 Apr 2018 at 11:25am
This is part of Google-owned Nest's Power Project, which will formally launch Sunday for Earth Day.
- An Avengers-themed OnePlus 6 is coming - CNET
19 Apr 2018 at 11:17am
Unfortunately, it may not be coming to a market near you.