CNET news editors and reporters provide top technology news, with investigative reporting and in-depth coverage of tech issues and events.
- SpaceX doubleheader is a home run - CNET
25 Jun 2017 at 7:05pm
Elon Musk's private space company proves it can handle the pressure of rapid launches, which is key to its pitch of sending more people to space.
- 'Flawless': 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' earning social media raves - CNET
25 Jun 2017 at 6:55pm
With great power comes great reviews: Lucky folks who received an early peek at the film are praising it as one of Spidey's best.
- Prada sells $185 paper clip, and Twitter can't hold it together - CNET
25 Jun 2017 at 4:57pm
Sure you could just stuff your cash in your wallet and buy a whole box of paper clips at Target for $1.29, but where's the decadence in that?
- Czech power company holds Facebook bikini contest to choose interns - CNET
25 Jun 2017 at 4:05pm
Commentary: Power conglomerate CEZ seems to think making potential interns wear bikinis and hard hats is cultural enrichment.
- How I tried to get Microsoft to turn me away from MacBooks - CNET
25 Jun 2017 at 3:26pm
Commentary: How is Microsoft selling its new laptop? I went to a couple of Microsoft stores to see whether they could persuade me to give up my MacBook.
- Windows 10 source code leaked to the web - CNET
25 Jun 2017 at 3:08pm
Though the potential for serious exploits maybe limited due to what was included, according to some reports.
- Anthem agrees to pay record $115M to settle data breach suit - CNET
25 Jun 2017 at 5:55pm
The settlement, subject to a judge's approval, would be the largest to date for a data breach case, according to lawyers for the plaintiffs.
- Happy 20th, Harry Potter, and thanks for teaching me English - CNET
25 Jun 2017 at 10:00am
Two decades after J.K. Rowling published the Harry Potter book that started it all, CNET's Patricia Puentes muses on the magic the franchise has brought to her life.
- What it will take for cybersecurity to become common sense - CNET
25 Jun 2017 at 1:44pm
Changing your password needs to become like washing your hands after the bathroom -- a habit. We?re a long way off from that.
- If you?re into high-end headphones, this amp is for you - CNET
24 Jun 2017 at 2:47pm
If you?re the kind of person who owns more than one high-end headphone, the Rogue Audio RH-5 is the amp for you.
- UK Parliament gets hit by hackers - CNET
24 Jun 2017 at 4:01pm
Some members' remote email access is cut off as part of efforts to secure the computer network against a cyberattack.
- Technics SL-1200GR turntable, for DJs or audiophiles or both? - CNET
24 Jun 2017 at 12:47pm
The Technics SL-1200GR may look like a DJ turntable, but it?s also a superb turntable for everybody else.
- Our favorite summer blockbusters of all time - CNET
24 Jun 2017 at 9:00am
Each week we take a poll around the office to see what makes our colleagues tick. This week we asked which are the best summer blockbusters ever and why.
- Sorry iPhone, you?re not the only great dual-camera phone - CNET
24 Jun 2017 at 3:34pm
The iPhone 7 Plus has Portrait Mode, but so does the OnePlus 5.
- A 'cutting-edge' Confederate death trap inspired today's sub - CNET
24 Jun 2017 at 11:54am
From CNET Magazine: The H.L. Hunley was the first sub to sink an enemy ship. It was also a playbook on how not to design a submarine.