CNET news editors and reporters provide top technology news, with investigative reporting and in-depth coverage of tech issues and events.
- Homeland Security tells federal agencies to secure email now! - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 7:03pm
They've got 90 days to roll out an email validation system that should help protect against spoofed emails and phishing attacks.
- Apple hit with $440M in damages in VirnetX patent lawsuit - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 6:59pm
Judge issues final judgment in legal battle with patent holder that began in 2010.
- Facebook acquiring tbh, a social network popular with teens - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 6:51pm
Mark Zuckerberg?s social network once again makes a play to appeal to young users.
- 'Professor Marston and the Wonder Women': Love, with ropes - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 6:13pm
It may be light on comic book history, but the hot and heavy exploration of sexual freedom in the early 20th century will lasso you in.
- Why is Netflix hiking your bill? It needs even more shows - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 6:57pm
But the streaming company?s subscriber rolls surged before the company started charging members as much as $2 more a month.
- KRACK in Wi-Fi security: Everything you need to know - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 5:57pm
A weakness in Wi-Fi-connected devices could expose you to nearby hackers. Here are answers to your questions about that.
- KRACK attack: Here's how companies are responding - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 4:59pm
Some companies already have updates to fix the Wi-FI flaw available, but others say it'll take a few weeks.
- Apple's KRACK Wi-Fi fix coming in a few weeks - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 5:13pm
The company has a fix for the vulnerability in beta now.
- Argo AI CEO says to look past the self-driving hype - Roadshow
16 Oct 2017 at 4:02pm
The company's chief believes we're still a long ways from introducing autonomous cars to the public.
- Why KRACK could hit your smart home's Wi-Fi the hardest - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 3:55pm
Smart devices and appliances, everything from your refrigerator to your television, are ideal targets for hackers thanks to the KRACK exploit.
- Yes, Google Photos can tell your pets apart - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 3:28pm
Thanks to advanced machine learning, Google knows the difference between your calico cat, your orange tabby and your Chihuahua.
- Apple answers Sen. Al Franken?s privacy concerns over Face ID - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 6:49pm
Apple responded to the Democrat?s concerns over how it protects consumer privacy for those using its facial recognition technology for unlocking iPhones.
- The iPhone 7 is reportedly outselling the iPhone 8 - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 3:14pm
It's likely Apple fans are holding out for the iPhone X instead.
- US Supreme Court to review Microsoft email privacy case - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 2:29pm
The court will examine whether US tech firms have to provide data to law enforcement conducting a criminal investigation, even if that data is held overseas.
- Beautifully brutal 'You Were Never Really Here' tries too hard - CNET
16 Oct 2017 at 1:57pm
Joaquin Phoenix plays a damaged hero with a hammer in Amazon's meditative, arty noir thriller.