CNN.com - RSS Channel - HP Hero
CNN.com delivers up-to-the-minute news and information on the latest top stories, weather, entertainment, politics and more.
- The latest example was the President saying that Obama didn't call families o...
18 Oct 2017 at 5:54am
President Donald Trump, though often acting as a champion of the military, has at times politicized the sacrifice of those who paid a terrible price in the nation's wars in a way that few of his predecessors would have countenanced.
- Lawmaker: Trump tells widow 'He knew what he signed up for'
18 Oct 2017 at 2:23am
President Donald Trump told the widow of a US serviceman killed in the ambush in Niger that "he knew what he signed up for ... but when it happens it hurts," according to Rep. Frederica Wilson.
- Rep. Wilson: I was going to curse him out ... I was livid
18 Oct 2017 at 5:35am
President Trump called the families of troops who lost their lives in the Niger raid. Democratic Rep. Frederica Wilson says he told the widow of Sergeant La David Johnson, "He knew what he signed up for." She talks to CNN's Don Lemon about the call.
- US has hundreds of troops in Niger. Here's why
18 Oct 2017 at 7:11am
The killing of four American soldiers in Niger has drawn attention to the role of US troops in western Africa, where several terror networks roam freely.
- Anderson Cooper: Trump turned deaths into own gain
18 Oct 2017 at 2:44am
CNN's Anderson Cooper calls out President Donald Trump for politicizing the deaths of the four US soldiers killed in Niger.
- Trump: Ask Kelly whether Obama called after his son was killed
18 Oct 2017 at 6:21am
President Donald Trump, in defense of his claim that President Barack Obama didn't call the loved ones of fallen soldiers, floated the idea Tuesday that reporters ask his chief of staff, retired Gen. John Kelly, whether Obama called him after his son died in Afghanistan.
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward suffers gruesome ankle injury
- Noted market strategist: Thank God white people populated America
17 Oct 2017 at 8:32pm
- Officers involved in forcibly removing plane passenger are fired
17 Oct 2017 at 10:49pm
Chicago aviation officials fired two officers and suspended two others involved in the forcible removal of a United Airlines passenger from a packed flight.
- 2 sailors die of apparent drug overdoses
18 Oct 2017 at 7:07am
Two US sailors based at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay in Georgia have died of apparent drug overdoses in the last week, according to a US Navy public affairs officer.
- Hear 911 calls from nursing home tragedy
17 Oct 2017 at 1:41pm
Officials have released 911 calls made from a Florida nursing home where 14 people died after Hurricane Irma slammed into Florida.
- Parents upset with school's handling of racist message
18 Oct 2017 at 2:15am
The parents of an African-American high school freshman in Texas say they are livid with their daughter's school district for not doing enough to discipline a student who sent her a racist message saying, "we should have hung all u n*****s while we had the chance."
- N. Korea: War may begin 'at any moment'
17 Oct 2017 at 9:22pm
Brian Todd reports on a North Korean ambassador's warning, that nuclear war could break out "at any moment."
- Exclusive video shows ISIS execution spot
18 Oct 2017 at 5:32am
This exclusive drone footage shows empty streets and destroyed buildings in Raqqa, a city on the brink of being liberated from ISIS.
- CNN poll: Most oppose Trump's tax reform plan
18 Oct 2017 at 6:25am
A slim majority of Americans (52%) oppose President Donald Trump's recent tax reform proposals, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS, while only one-third (34%) say they support the Trump plan.