By: Elizabeth Hsu
Taipei, June 24 (CNA) McDonald’s Co., the world’s largest hamburger fast food chain, said Wednesday it will not pull out of the Taiwan market as reported, but the company did not address a report that implied it was planning to sell its directly operated stores.
In a statement released in the wake of a magazine story on the issue, McDonald’s said one of the preliminary steps in its global invigoration plan that was initiated last month is a review of its operating models around the world to allow the introduction of a more efficient business model.
Against this backdrop, McDonald’s said, it has decided to seek “developmental licensee” in Taiwan but will not withdraw from the market.
In the statement, McDonald’s also said its commitment to high standards of food safety will not change with its new approach. [FULL STORY]