Video shows hot pot explode in woman’s face as she tries to pluck out lighter dropped by customer at Chinese Haidilao
By: Keoni Everington, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Video has surfaced of a vat of boiling hot pot broth explode on a waitress as she tries to fish out a lighter a customer had dropped in the scalding hot cauldron.
On May 15, three guests were enjoying a spicy hot pot at a branch of the popular hot pot chain Haidilao in the city of Kunming in Yunnan Province, reported ETtoday. According to the person who uploaded the video, a male customer had apparently accidentally dropped their cigarette lighter inside the hot pot and the waitress offered to try to fish it out.
In the video, a woman dressed in white can be seen calmly and methodically trying to scoop the lighter up with two ladles. Suddenly, the lighter explodes, and the entire scorching contents of the hot pot vat fly into the air
The two customers on the left are also struck by a tidal wave of spicy, searing soup, while the third customer makes a run for it. Other similar videos of lighters causing explosions at hot pot restaurants have popped up recently. [FULL STORY]