Taiwan’s green efforts showcased at UN summit

Taiwan Today
Date: December 2, 2015

An exhibition showcasing Taiwan’s achievements in promoting carbon reductions through

Delta Electronics Inc. has constructed 21 green buildings in the past decade, including Taiwan’s first diamond-grade green production facility at the Southern Taiwan Science Park in Tainan City. (UDN)

Delta Electronics Inc. has constructed 21 green buildings in the past decade, including Taiwan’s first diamond-grade green production facility at the Southern Taiwan Science Park in Tainan City. (UDN)

green architecture is set to kick off Dec. 4 on the sidelines of the 21st Conference of the Parties to the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change taking place in Paris, according to organizer Delta Electronics Inc.

Highlighting the diverse range of eco-friendly buildings the firm has constructed over the last 10 years for educational, industrial and residential purposes, the exhibit will underscore Taiwan’s pioneering efforts to minimize its carbon footprint via smart architecture, said Bruce Cheng, founder of the Taipei City-based electronics company.

“This exhibition marks a new milestone for Delta’s participation in UNFCCC-related events over the last eight years,” Cheng said. “We have demonstrated that by making our architecture green, we have been able to reduce energy use by 80 percent, with the remaining 20 percent capable of sustaining operations.     [FULL  STORY]

Leave a Reply