By: Chang Jung-hsiang and S.C. Chang
Taipei, March 8 (CNA) A total of 32 students were hospitalized on suspicion of food poisoning after they checked in to a hotel in Tainan, the city’s Department of Health said Tuesday.
Thirteen of them were rugby players from Nanmen Junior High School in Taipei who had gone to Tainan to play.
They suffered from vomiting and diarrhea a day earlier, which school officials suspected were caused by bad breakfast food at the Family Hotel.
Another five students from the rugby team of the University of Taipei were also confirmed late Tuesday to have suffered food poisoning at the same hotel. [FULL STORY]