ASE offers to acquire remaining 75% stake in Siliconware Precision

Focus Taiwan
Date: 2015/12/14
By: Chung Jung-feng and Y.F. Low

Taipei, Dec. 14 (CNA) Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc. (ASE, 日月光), Taiwan’s largest IC packing and testing company, has made an offer to take over rival Siliconware Precision Industries Co. (SPIL, 矽品) in the latest salvo in Taiwan’s IC acquisition battles.

ASE, which already owns a 25 percent stake in SPIL, said Monday it has submitted a proposal to SPIL’s board to buy the remaining 75 percent stake in SPIL at a price of NT$55 per share. That would make the deal worth an estimated NT$131.3 billion (US$4 billion).

ASE made the offer three days after SPIL, Taiwan’s second-largest IC packager and tester, signed an agreement with China’s Tsinghua Unigroup (紫光) to sell a 24.9 percent stake to the Chinese firm.    [FULL  STORY]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

I accept the Privacy Policy

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.