- 10.1% Growth in Revenue to US$680.0 Million from US$617.9 Million; Both a Record High and the Highest Annual Revenue Growth Since 2015
- 14.5% Increase in Gross Profit to US$131.3 Million from US$114.7 Million
- 70 Basis Points Improvement in Gross Margin to 19.3% from 18.6%
- Net Earnings of NT$3.55 or US$0.12 per Basic Common Share or US$2.38 per Basic ADS Compared to Net Earnings of NT$1.37 or US$0.05 per Basic Common Share or US$0.92 per Basic ADS
- Generated US$200.4 Million in Cash from Operations in 2019
- NT$1.80 Per Share Distribution Authorized by Board Pending Shareholder Approval at June 9, 2020 AGM
HSINCHU, March 10, 2020 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES INC. ("ChipMOS" or the "Company") (Taiwan Stock Exchange: 8150 and NASDAQ: IMOS), an industry leading provider of outsourced semiconductor assembly and test services ("OSAT"), today reported unaudited consolidated financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2019. All U.S. dollar figures cited in this press release are based on the exchange rate of NT$29.91 against US$1.00 as of December 31, 2019.
All the figures were prepared in accordance with Taiwan-International Financial Reporting Standards ("Taiwan-IFRS").
Revenue for the fourth quarter of 2019 was NT$5,571.5 million or US$186.3 million, an increase of 3.2% from NT$5,399.1 million or US$180.5 million in the third quarter of 2019 and an increase of 12.1% from NT$4,972.3 million or US$166.2 million for the same period in 2018. Net profit attributable to equity holders of the Company for the fourth quarter of 2019 was NT$530.0 million or US$17.7 million, and NT$0.73 or US$0.02 per basic common share, as compared to net profit attributable to equity holders of the Company for the third quarter of 2019 of NT$585.9 million or US$19.6 million, and NT$0.81 or US$0.03 per basic common share, and compared to net profit attributable to equity holders of the Company in the fourth quarter of 2018 of NT$516.6 million or US$17.3 million, and NT$0.71 or US$0.02 per basic common share. Net earnings for the fourth quarter of 2019 were US$0.49 per basic ADS, compared to US$0.54 per basic ADS for the third quarter of 2019 and US$0.48 per basic ADS in the fourth quarter of 2018.