Date: Aug 12, 2015
By: Sean Lin / Staff reporter
Department of Education Commissioner Tang Chih-min (湯志民) yesterday said he would
make public minutes taken during a breakout session to review high-school curriculum guideline revisions if the Ministry of Education so desires, and that he, in his capacity as chairman, has expressed his willingness to make public a roster of curriculum review members who attended the session in response to a ministry survey.
Tang made the remarks following a meeting between the city government and student protesters who broke into the ministry compound on July 23 in protest of the procedure the ministry adopted in introducing the guideline revisions.
“Since it [the ministry] has asked my opinion on the information they are considering disclosing, which includes the roster, I wonder if they would ask me whether I would be willing to publicize the session minutes next. If they do, I will say: ‘Yes,’” he said.
The session was held on Jan. 25 last year, and is believed to hold key information regarding changes made to the guidelines. [FULL STORY]