The China Post
Date: January 2, 2017
By: The China Post news staff
TAIPEI, Taiwan — A man died trying to light a firework on New Year’s Eve, police said Sunday.
According to the New Taipei City Police Department, the 32-year-old man, surnamed Tsai, was found dead with a head injury on the roadside around midnight on Saturday in Tamsui.
Officers found a lighter, firework shell and tube beside Tsai’s body, the police said.
The tube measured approximately 60 centimeters long and 11 centimeters in diameter, and had the smell of gunpowder residue, officers said, adding that this kind of tube was typically used to light fireworks.
Officers said that some types of fireworks should not be lit using a lighter but with electronic lead wires instead. [FULL STORY]