Megaport music festival canceled

KAOHSIUNG PRESSURE? Sources said that the Han Kuo-yu administration is investigating his predecessor, while financing for past festivals is being scrutinized

Taipei Times
Date: Sep 13, 2019
By: Huang Chia-lin  /  Staff reporter

There will not be a 12th Megaport Festival next year, event organizers said on Wednesday, while

Fire Ex performs at the Megaport Festival at the Pier-2 Art Center in Kaohsiung on March. 24.
Photo: Chen Yi-kuan, Taipei Times

sources said that the popular music festival was canceled after facing pressure from the administration of Kaohsiung Mayor Han Kuo-yu (韓國瑜).

Organizers said in a statement that it had been feeling growing pressure since the start of this year and they had been asked to submit information on past events.

The festival has become a source of criticism at the Kaohsiung City Council and it is obvious that Han is not interested in supporting it, they said.

This has consistently stalled progress on organizing next year’s event, which has met with many unexpected obstacles and must be canceled, they said.    [FULL  STORY]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.