There are many houses in the park that were built in the architectural style of mansions for rich families about 100 years ago
By: George Liao, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
The park preserves the ferris wheel and merry-go-round to remind visitors of the merriment the park had provided their young customers.
The amusement park was built at Yuanshan in 1934 during Japanese rule. It had an area of only three hectares when it was first opened and was Taiwan’s earliest public children’s park. The park is a fond memory for many Taipei citizens.
Taipei Children’s Amusement Park was later enlarged to cover an area of 9.8 hectares, and its name was changed to Taipei Children’s Recreation Center (臺北市立兒童育樂中心). After 80 years of service, Taipei Children’s Recreation Center was relocated to Shilin District. [FULL STORY]