By: Chang Hsiung-feng and Elizabeth Hsu
The shocking incident, which happened Saturday at the Sushiro chain restaurant in the Global Mall Zhonghe branch, was revealed by a witnessing customer on the terminal-based bulletin board system PTT Monday.
The store was closed for disinfection as soon as the incident occurred and all the food ingredients prepared for that day were discarded, a spokesperson for Sushiro told CNA.
Later Saturday, the restaurant reopened briefly for service after staff had disinfected the premises, the spokesperson said. He added the restaurant then used only food ingredients taken from freezers, hence there was no food safety problem. [FULL STORY]