The China Post
Date: May 2, 2017
By: The China Post news staff
TAIPEI, Taiwan — Foreign Minister David Lee (李大維) said that international news
agency Reuters issued “regrets and apologies” over its latest news coverage, which the Presidential Office said had misrepresented President Tsai Ing-wen.
The international news agency published two stories in two days last week, respectively headlined “Taiwan president says phone call with Trump can take place again” and “Trump spurns Taiwan president’s suggestion of another phone call.”
Tsai was quoted as saying “we don’t exclude the opportunity to call President Trump himself, but it depends on the needs of the situation and the U.S. government’s consideration of regional affairs.” [FULL STORY]