Taichung Fire Bureau launches CO poisoning prevention service

Focus Taiwan
Date: 2016/03/28
By: Chao Li-yen and Brook Hsiao
Taipei, March 28 (CNA) The Taichung Fire Bureau has launched a new service in which city residents can have firemen check to see if gas water heaters are properly installed to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Residents who have doubts about the safety of their water heaters can call 119 to contact the local fire bureau and have their heaters inspected.
The Taichung City government said that over 10 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning have been reported in the city since the beginning of the year, with most of them resulting from the improper installation or improper use of gas water heaters.
The signs of carbon monoxide poisoning may include dizziness, vomiting and nausea, chest pains and feeling tired and listless, and residents should be on the alert if those symptoms affect several people at the same time in the same living space, the city’s fire bureau said.
It also suggested that people who suspect they are suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning should turn off their gas water heater at once and open doors and windows to increase ventilation.     [FULL STORY]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

I accept the Privacy Policy

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.