By: Central News Agency
Taipei, Dec.11 (CNA) The Taipei City government said Friday it will slap a heavy fine on the operator of an unregistered rental apartment in the city’s Wanhua District after foreign tourists staying in it came down with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
Four of the six members of a Singaporean family staying in the apartment rented out on a daily basis on Xining South Road were sent to Mackay Memorial Hospital after complaining of dizziness. They were in good condition after being treated.
Chien Yu-yen, head of the city’s Department of Information and Tourism, said the agency will fine the unregistered operator NT$180,000 as early as Friday and will also check all short-term rentals in Wanhua District. [FULL STORY]