By: Lu Hsin-hui and Elizabeth Hsu
Taipei, June 25 (CNA) The Presidential Office on Sunday conveyed condolences to China over a deadly
landslide in Sichuan Province and offered Taiwan’s assistance, if necessary.
The message of sympathy and concern was conveyed to China via Taiwan’s Mainland Affairs Council and Straits Exchange Foundation (SEF), Presidential Office spokesman Alex Huang (黃重諺) said.
Taiwan also said it was willing to provide any assistance that would help reduce the damage and loss caused by the disaster, according to Huang.
Chinese state media reported Sunday that 15 bodies had been found, while 118 people remained missing after a hillside collapsed in the farming village of Xinmo in Sichuan’s Mao County, burying more than 60 houses. [FULL STORY]