The China Post
Date: April 28, 2017
By: Stephanie Chao
TAIPEI, Taiwan — President Tsai Ing-wen has said a direct phone call with U.S.
President Donald Trump could take place again, in an interview with Reuters news agency published Thursday, nearly five months after the leaders’ first call shattered diplomatic precedent.
She also urged political rival mainland China to step up and fulfill its global responsibility to act as a peacekeeper.
Taiwan would have the opportunity to communicate more directly with the U.S. government, Tsai said of another call with President Trump.
The interview with the foreign media outlet comes as the Tsai administration nears its one-year mark, after winning last year’s election in a landslide. [FULL STORY]