A fire engulfed the second floor of a residential building in Shiding District early Saturday morning
By: Duncan DeAeth, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
The fire, which erupted on the second floor of a residential building, was first reported at approximately 1:30 a.m. When firefighters arrived at the scene, the fire had engulfed the entire second floor, and four residents of the building were trapped on the fourth floor in a makeshift residence of iron sheeting.
CNA reports that a fifth resident of the building was able to escape through a third floor window before the fire grew too large, however four residents on the top floor were not as lucky.
Two people pulled from the fire showing no signs of life, and doctors were unable to revive them. The other residents received emergency medical treatment and expect a quick recovery.