Two foreign students die in roof-top apartment fire

Bodies of two foreign students found dead after a fire in illegal rooftop add-on apartment

Taiwan News
Date: 2017/08/11
By: Taiwan News

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) – Two foreign students died in a fire which broke out on a

Fire at a rooftop apartment (By Central News Agency)

fourth floor rooftop apartment in Shihlin District.

On August 10, at around 7 p.m., a fire broke out on the third floor of the apartment on Chengde road. After firefighters brought the blaze under control, they found the bodies of one man and one woman burned beyond recognition at 8.30 pm.

The apartment, located at number 85 Chengde Road Section 4, was described as an unauthorized rooftop add-on with a metal exterior and wooden interior. According to the firefighters, the construction of rooftop apartment could easily catch fire, which would be exacerbated by the corrugated metal walls. They added that when a fire breaks out in such makeshift metal structures, occupants can quickly be consumed by the smoke and flames.    [FULL  STORY]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

I accept the Privacy Policy

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.