By: L.C. Su and Lillian Lin
Taipei, Sept. 9 (CNA) The New Taipei City government said Wednesday that 60 percent of the people who were hospitalized two months ago with burns sustained in a deadly flash fire at a water park have been discharged.
As of Tuesday, 316 of the 499 burn victims had been released from hospital and most of them had checked into rehabilitation centers, according to a city government health official.
Among those discharged from hospital, only about 15 percent have been able to return home, with instructions for follow-up visits to medical clinics, the official said, adding that 171 burn victims of the water park fire are still hospitalized.
In response to the city government’s efforts to help the victims return to their normal lives, 29 companies have offered 170 job opportunities to those who have recovered, the official said. [FULL STORY]