Taiwan sharply raises estimate of AIIB investment to NT$11 billion

Focus Taiwan
Date: 2015/06/11
By: Wei Shu and S.C. Chang

Taipei, June 11 (CNA) Taiwan’s government will likely invest about NT$11 billion (US$355.60

Chang Sheng-ford

Chang Sheng-ford

million) to gain membership in the China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), Finance Minister Chang Sheng-ford said Thursday, revising his earlier estimate of NT$2.2 billion.

The estimated amount was increased sharply because of “changes in the circumstances” surrounding the recent passage of the bank’s charter, Chang told the press.

Under the AIIB’s the newly confirmed charter, Asian members will contribute 75 percent of the total capitalization, while non-Asian members will make up the other 25 percent.     [FULL  STORY]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

I accept the Privacy Policy

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.